In case you need a doctor …..
Your choices to seek medical care depend on where you are on Flores and what’s wrong with you. For immediate first aid go to nearest district capital to hospital – in Bahasa Indonesia: Rumah Sakit. Second choice and obviously depending on your situation: try to find the nearest Puskesmas (Pusat Kesehatan Masyarakat, in English: Community Health Centre)
All over Flores you can find pharmacies which sell antibiotics over the counter. In case you have a serious medical issue do not take any risks and best fly straight to Bali and on to Singapore.
Vector-borne diseases are common on Flores – such as Malaria, Dengue Fever, Yellow Fever. Typhoid is also common. HIV has been spreading on Flores since the first case was identified in 1997. Beware !
Medical facilities in West Manggarai
- Siloam Hospital Address: Jl. Gabriel Gampur, RT. 005 RW. 007, Komodo Goron Talo, Labuan Bajo, Manggarai BaratPhone: 62 (0) 385 2381900OPEN 24 hours
- General Hospital Komodo – located just outside Labuan Bajo along the road to Ruteng
Medical facilities in Manggarai
- Cancar – St. Rafael Hospital -Address: Wae Belang in Cancar – Phone: +62 (0) 385 2705566
- Ruteng – General Hospital Ruteng – Address: Watu, Langke Rembong, Ruteng
Medical facilities in East Manggarai
- Borong – General Hospital Borong – 7J24+6C3 Rana Loba, Borong, East Manggarai Regency, East Nusa Tenggara, Indonesia
Medical facilities in Ngada
- Bajawa – Bajawa General Hospital – Jl. Diponegoro, Trikora, Bajawa – Phone:+62 (0) 384 21030
Medical facilities in Nagekeo
Medical facilities in Ende
- Ende – Ende General Hospital JL. Prof. Dr. W.Z Yohanes, Kel. Paupire, Kec. Ende Tengah, Kabupaten Ende, Nusa Tenggara Tim., IndonesiaPhone: +62 (0) 381 22026
Medical facilities in Sikka
- Maumere – Regional General Hospital (Hospital) Dr. TC Hillers – Jl. Wairklau, Kota Uneng, Alok, Maumere Phone: +62 (0) 382 21617
- Lela – St. Elizabeth Hospital
Medical facilities in East Flores (Flotim)
- Larantuka – General Hospital Larantuka (RSUD dr. Hendrikus Fernandez Larantuka) Jl. Sudirman Larantuka Phone: +62 (0) 383 21287
Medical facilities on Lembata island
- Lewoleba – Lewoleba General Hospital (RS. Bukit Lewoleba) – Jl.Trans Lembata No.1, Lewoleba, Lembata